REPORTS FROM THE ZEN HOSPICE: Improvs
February 16 thru March 30
Mondays 7:30pm | Berkeley
Josh Kornbluth recently was the “artist in residence” at the Zen Hospice Project in San Francisco. Throughout this month, he is giving improvised “reports” on his ongoing experiences there as a volunteer caregiver, as well as on related subjects. Eventually, Josh will be developing a one-man show along these themes, which will debut at The Marsh later this year. In the meantime, come hear him as he begins to explore this rich, fraught material. In fact, come early, so you can partake of “Unhappy Hour” at the bar!
Josh Kornbluth has been doing autobiographical one-man shows since 1989. Many of his pieces were developed at The Marsh, and Josh is thrilled to be returning to this remarkable incubator of theatrical wonderfulness. For two years he was the host of The Josh Kornbluth Show on KQED-TV. He is currently completing his second feature film with his brother Jacob, Love & Taxes; in 2001, the Kornbluth Brothers’ first movie, Haiku Tunnel, went to the Sundance Film Festival and was distributed nationally by Sony Pictures Classics. His second audiobook, titled Ben Franklin: Unplugged … and Other Comic Tales, was just released by Audible.com. Two of his one-man shows, Red Diaper Baby and The Mathematics of Change, are available on DVD. Lately he’s been a visiting professor at Stanford, teaching a course in “The Ethics of Storytelling.” Josh lives in Berkeley with his wife and son.
Open Seating $10
Mondays at 7:30pm
90 minutes |No intermission | Ages 18 +
Please do not bring infants to the show
Dark Night: January 19
For more information on the sliding scale ticketing policy, late seating and reserved seating please click here.
To purchase tickets, please click on a date below:
- February 24, 2019 2:00 PMWhy Would I MIspronounce My Own Name 02-24-19 (Berkeley)
- March 2, 2019 5:00 PMWhy Would I Misprnounce My Own Name 03-02-19 (Berkeley)
- March 3, 2019 2:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Own Name 03-03-19 (Berkeley)
- March 9, 2019 5:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Name 03-09-19 (Berkeley)
- March 10, 2019 2:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Own Name 03-10-19 (Berkeley)
- March 16, 2019 5:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Own Name 03-16-19 (Berkeley)
- March 17, 2019 2:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Own Name 03-17-19 (Berkeley)
- March 23, 2019 5:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Own Name 03-23-19 (Berkeley)
- March 24, 2019 2:00 PMWhy Would I Mispronounce My Own Name 03-24-19 (Berkeley)
BUY TIX by phone:
Monday – Friday 1 – 4pm, 415.282.3055
(Additional service fees apply)