Almost Time! January-June 2018 Series
It’s almost that time of year to book Monday Night Marsh evenings again! We will begin accepting submissions for the January – June 2018 series starting OCTOBER 23. Please do not submit pieces before October 23 — they will not be reviewed.
If you are interested in applying and submitting your piece, please read and follow ALL of the instructions below.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sunday, December 3, 2017
Email Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Monday Night Marsh All About?
1. We are looking for performers of all stripes: solo-performers, monologuists, contortionists, spoken word/poets , the list goes on. Please be aware that Monday Night Marsh is fairly minimal in terms of tech, so if you have a large band, or need a lot of extra technical support, we may not be able to accommodate all your needs.
2. Unless discussed with us ahead of time, all performers should be off book, so we ask that you please do not read directly from scripts.
3. We would like you to perform two nights with the same group. Once to try out your piece, a second time to either perform another excerpt or improve upon your previous performance.
4. Performances can be a maximum of 20 minutes long. This is non-negotiable.
5. As tech time for performers is limited, we prefer to book performances with no technical needs beyond simple light and sound cues. We also ask that you please refrain from using any projections.
6. No fire in the house.
7. Show times are always at 7:30pm | Call time at 6pm | Admission is $8 – $15 | There is no intermission.
8. Although we encourage everyone to submit, please note that we generally do not book performers two terms in a row in an effort to give new performers a chance. If you have performed in the July – December 2017 series you will be given lower priority in this series.
How To Apply For Monday Night Marsh
Please help us keep organized so that we can get back to you as quickly as possible by following ALL of the instructions below. If you do not include all of the information, your submission review will be delayed.
1. When you send in your submission, please put in the subject line of your email:
“MNM SUBMISSION Spring 2018”
2. Send us a paragraph about you and your performance. Please tell us the title of your piece and a brief summary about it. Please do not send an entire script. We receive too many submissions and do not have the time to review full scripts. You may, however, send us one page from your script. If you have a video (or clip) of a previous performance – whether or not it’s the same piece – please feel free to send that as well.
3. Provide us with your phone number.
4. Look at the schedule of “open” dates below. (Dates will be available October 23). Tell us which ones you CAN do in order of preference. Please note that these nights are set up as the pairs listed below. If you cannot do both nights, we will not sign you up for just one. Also, please do not give us only one date that you are available for. Please note that if you are only available for one set of dates, we may not be able to get you in.
5. Once we have the schedule put together we will let you know – please be patient with this as it takes time to put the schedule together.
6. Although we encourage all to apply, please note, again, that we generally do not book performers two terms in a row in an effort to give new performers a chance. If you have performed in the July – December 2017 series you will be given lower priority in this series.
7. Again, the DEADLINE for submissions will be Sunday, December 3, 2017. Any submissions past that will not be accepted.
Open Dates For This Term
Check back for a list of final available dates for the series on October 23.
As a reminder, please include a list of dates for which you are available in order of preference as well as the information requested above in your submission. We will get back to you by mid December with the Monday Night Marsh schedule. We will also be sure to contact you if you do not get accepted as well.
Thank you for your interest!
Please send your submissions to email@example.com NO EARLIER than October 23.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Program Director, Alexa Almira, at firstname.lastname@example.org