Class Description / Descripción de Clase:
A series of master classes in diverse areas of theater including: audition, acting, playwriting, stagecraft, improv, movement, voice, & more!
- Audition – Workshop, prepare audition pieces, and receive feedback from theater professionals
- Acting – Classes in acting styles, script interpretation, character development, and technical skills such as vocal projection and stage business
- Playwriting – Create original monologues, stories, and scenes as well as adapt material from other sources for the stage
- Stagecraft – How do scenery, lighting, sound, props, costumes, and make-up support the performances on stage, even become another actor on stage?
- Improvisation – Acquire skills required for topnotch improv and learn variations on classic games
- Movement – Discover role of the actor’s body in creating character, learn stage combat techniques, and dance for theater
- Vocal – Develop your singing skills and try your hand at composing original music
Teacher / Maestro: RON JONES & LIZ McANINCH
Ron Jones is a native San Franciscan. He shares his Haight Ashbury home with his wife, grandchildren, and a peaceful garden. He is a graduate of Stanford University masters degree program in education. Upon retirement from the Janet Pomeroy enter, where he taught theater and sports to the physically and mentally disabled for 30 years, he now enjoys writing and performing as a spoken word artist.
As an author, Ron Jones has written about everyday heroes that enrich our life. Three of his stories The Acorn People, The Wave, and B-Ball have been made into television specials garnering an Emmy, Golden Globe, and Peabody for their producers. A book entitles Kids Called Crazy was nominated for a Pulitzer. And Say Ray the story of a disabled man abducted in Mexico was honored as the American Book of the Year. His classroom experiment in Fascism, The Wave has been produced as a feature film Die Welle and documentary Lesson Plan. The novelized version of The Wave, available through Random House, is printed in 23 languages and required reading in German and Israeli schools. In 2013, Ron completed a musical version of his Wave experience. The Third Wave Musical is available through Dramatic Publishing. Theatric and musical productions of The Wave have been performed in theaters worldwide.
Registration Information / Información de Registro:
Dates: Saturdays | Begins September 15 | 11:00am – 2:00pm
Grade Level: 8th – 12th
Tuition: $65 – $210 Sliding Scale
Financial Assistance Available!
Fecha: Cada sábado | Empieza el 15 de septiembre | 11am – 2pm
Nivel de grado: Octavo (8) – Duodécimo (12)
Matrícula: $65 – $210
Ayuda financiero disponible. Haga clic aquí.