The Marsh Theater currently seeks the following position(s):
As a creative marketer and liaison between Marsh staff and performers, this position will provide opportunities for professional growth and creative impact in a nurturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities-
- Manages and creates content for The Marsh’s social media platforms, weekly newsletters, ads, and marketing materials.
- Oversees The Marsh’s brand management.
- Manages The Marsh’s website and all tickets, including press seats, Theatre Bay Area Adjudicator comps, Performer Comps, and discounted ticketing outlets.
- Is in regular contact with Marsh performers, updating them on sales, marketing efforts and marketing materials.
- Presents updates to the staff at weekly meetings and bi-weekly with the Artistic Director.
- Plans Openings, Closings and Special Events in partnership with the Producing Manager.
- Is in charge of all marketing distribution, including posters and postcards to two outside vendors.
- Is in daily contact with The Marsh’s publicist, reading and approving press releases and helping to schedule interviews.
- Archives marketing collateral whenever possible.
- Works closely with the Artistic Director on special marketing projects such as performer video interviews and podcasts
- Works to onboard and manage marketing fellows and interns
- Answer telephone and front door when necessary to support fellow staff members.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
- One year of marketing experience. Performing Arts field preferred
- Must be a multitasker, hardworking and customer service oriented
- Whether it’s interacting with a disgruntled patron or asking a performer to shoot a quick video for social media, tact is necessary!
- Management experience preferred
- Experience with iMovie, WordPress, Email Marketing, Facebook Business Manager, Google Drive, DropBox, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Analytics, Photoshop and Indesign encouraged
How to Apply-
Send a cover letter and resume to Ana Linder at email@example.com
Marsh Youth Theater Administrative Assistant
The Marsh Youth Theater (MYT) provides theater arts education to San Francisco youth interested in pursuing creative growth, regardless of financial constraints. MYT offers year-round classes in drama, dance, and stagecraft taught by talented teaching artists.
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to keep our office and program schedules running smoothly. This is a fun opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look and contribute to an active theater program!
Duties & Responsibilities-
- Manage class lists and attendance
- Distribute information to students and parents
- Work with Teaching Artists to schedule classes and performances
- Monitor staff hours and class scheduling, with MYT Program Director
- Provide general office support
- Administrative experience preferred
- Skilled in data management and efficiently organizing documents and files
- Proficient in:
- MS Office
- Using Mac OS X
- Year-round position with the summer being the most active and requiring the most hours
- Start date as soon as possible
- Position open until filled
- Compensation $17 per hour
How to Apply-
Send a cover letter and resume to Wayne Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
The House Manager position is a part-time position with shifts mainly in the evenings and on the weekends. The House Manager (HM) is responsible for all aspects of the front of house operation of the theater during performances.
- Count and maintain the accuracy of all monies
- Fill out all nightly paperwork and send nightly emails
- Maintain cleanliness of theater spaces, bathroom facilities, building façade, ect. before and after performances
- Put out and oversee the selling of all concessions
- Manage door list and greet and work with patrons upon entry of the theater including checking names off of a doorlist and selling tickets at the door as necessary
- Ensure the comfort and safety of all patrons before, during and after performances
- Responsible for management of volunteer(s)
- Make pre-show welcome announcements to audience
- Be sure refrigerators are fully stocked and communicate any need for inventory to the appropriate people
- Ensure proper signage is posted to direct patrons to correct doors
- Coordinate with the Technician for house opening and start of show
- Coordinate with Technician to ensure performer(s)’s needs are fulfilled
- Ensure theater spaces are fully cleaned and ready for next show
- Ensure security of building at all times while on duty
- Assist Technician as needed and able
- Host post-show receptions
- Other duties as requested by a supervisor
House Managers are generally required to arrive 90 minutes prior to the performance start time unless otherwise instructed by a supervisor. Performances tun anywhere from 60-120 minutes plus additional intermissions when necessary. Clean up and close up time following a performance is generally 30 minutes depending on the HM.
All San Francisco House Managers receive $60 per show.
On the rare occasion of a talk-back, reception, or an extra lengthy performance, House Managers’ compensation may be raised. This will be decided by The marsh management team and HMs will be informed accordingly.
Please reply to this position by contacting Lauren Burgat at email@example.com or by calling (415)641-0235.