The Marsh Theater currently seeks the following position(s):
Marsh Youth Theater (MYT) Program Assistant
For almost two decades, Marsh Youth Theater (MYT) has provided theater-arts education to San Francisco youth regardless of financial constraints. MYT offers year-round classes in drama, dance, circus arts, digital media, and storytelling taught by talented teaching artists. After school classes and camps take place both on-site and off-site at five San Francisco Unified Elementary Schools.
We are seeking someone organized, detail oriented and self-motivated. This position works closely with MYT Program Director to keep current programs running smoothly, support administration and data input for grant reporting and assist with maintaining financial invoicing, records, and reports. This is an opportunity to contribute to a successful theater-education program.
Duties & Responsibilities-
- Manage class list and attendance
- Assist with the planning and implementing of programs
- Assist with maintaining financial records, invoicing, and reports
- Assist with on and off-site youth programs
- Experience with Theater Education
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think and act on both micro- and macro- levels
- Administrative exerience
- Proficiency in Spanish is highly preferred
- Skilled in data management and efficiently organizing documents and files
- Desire to take ownership of and help shape youth arts education program
- Ability to use MN Office (Word & Excel), Google Suite, and MAC OS X
- Part-time twenty (20) hours per week / Tuesday – Friday
- Year-round position (Summer months, June – August, potential for extra hours)
- Start date September
- Position open until filled
- Compensation Range $17 – $20/hr (Based on Experience)
Please reply to this position by contacting Brian Williamson (email@example.com) or by calling (415) 641-0235.
The House Manager position is a part-time position with shifts mainly in the evenings and on the weekends. The House Manager (HM) is responsible for all aspects of the front of house operation of the theater during performances.
- Count and maintain the accuracy of all monies
- Fill out all nightly paperwork and send nightly emails
- Maintain cleanliness of theater spaces, bathroom facilities, building façade, etc. before and after performances
- Put out and oversee the selling of all concessions
- Manage door list, greet and work with patrons upon entry of the theater including checking names off of a door list and selling tickets at the door as necessary
- Ensure the comfort and safety of all patrons before, during and after performances
- Responsible for management of volunteer(s)
- Make pre-show welcome announcements to audience
- Be sure refrigerators are fully stocked and communicate any need for inventory to the appropriate people
- Ensure proper signage is posted to direct patrons to correct doors
- Coordinate with the Technician for house opening and start of show
- Coordinate with Technician to ensure performer(s)’s needs are fulfilled
- Ensure theater spaces are fully cleaned and ready for next show
- Ensure security of building at all times while on duty
- Assist Technician as needed and able
- Host post-show receptions
- Other duties as requested by a supervisor
House Managers are required to arrive 90 minutes prior to the performance start time unless otherwise instructed by a supervisor. Performances run anywhere from 60-120 minutes plus additional intermissions when necessary. Clean up and close up time following a performance is generally 30 minutes.
All San Francisco House Managers receive $65 per show.
On the rare occasion of a talk-back, reception, or an extra lengthy performance, House Managers’ compensation may be raised. This will be decided by The Marsh management team and HM’s will be informed accordingly.
Please reply to this position by contacting Brian Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (415) 641-0235.