The Marsh Theater currently seeks the following position:
About The Marsh
The Marsh is a breeding ground for new performance with theaters in San Francisco and Berkeley. The Marsh presents around 600 theatrical performances a year and specializes in solo performance.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of marketing materials
- Oversee offerings, ticketing and promotion through electronic outlets
- Manage the content for the website and ensure changes are accurate
- conduct market research and reporting
- Manage the content and oversee the production of show programs
- Develop and oversee the advertising and marketing strategy
- Archive necessary information on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate with Marsh performers on a regular basis
- We are seeking an energetic and motivated self-starter, hardworking and customer service oriented team player with excellent writing, computer, and communication skills
- Whether it’s interacting with patrons or asking a performer to shoot a quick video for social media, EQ/tact is necessary!
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, iMovie, Facebook Business Manager, GoogleDrive, DropBox, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Analytics, Photoshop and InDesign desired
- This role requires 3+ years of marketing experience, Performing Arts field preferred
- Some management experience recommended
- Full time
- Some night and weekend work required
- 40 Hours/week
To apply, please email Lauren Burgat at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a resume, cover letter, and 3 references by April 16, 2018. Position open until filled.
The House Manager position is a part-time position with shifts mainly in the evenings and on the weekends. The House Manager (HM) is responsible for all aspects of the front of house operation of the theater during performances.
- Count and maintain the accuracy of all monies
- Fill out all nightly paperwork and send nightly emails
- Maintain cleanliness of theater spaces, bathroom facilities, building façade, ect. before and after performances
- Put out and oversee the selling of all concessions
- Manage door list and greet and work with patrons upon entry of the theater including checking names off of a doorlist and selling tickets at the door as necessary
- Ensure the comfort and safety of all patrons before, during and after performances
- Responsible for management of volunteer(s)
- Make pre-show welcome announcements to audience
- Be sure refrigerators are fully stocked and communicate any need for inventory to the appropriate people
- Ensure proper signage is posted to direct patrons to correct doors
- Coordinate with the Technician for house opening and start of show
- Coordinate with Technician to ensure performer(s)’s needs are fulfilled
- Ensure theater spaces are fully cleaned and ready for next show
- Ensure security of building at all times while on duty
- Assist Technician as needed and able
- Host post-show receptions
- Other duties as requested by a supervisor
House Managers are generally required to arrive 90 minutes prior to the performance start time unless otherwise instructed by a supervisor. Performances tun anywhere from 60-120 minutes plus additional intermissions when necessary. Clean up and close up time following a performance is generally 30 minutes depending on the HM.
All San Francisco House Managers receive $60 per show.
On the rare occasion of a talk-back, reception, or an extra lengthy performance, House Managers’ compensation may be raised. This will be decided by The marsh management team and HMs will be informed accordingly.
Please reply to this position by contacting Lauren Burgat at email@example.com or by calling (415)641-0235.